Creating a fashionable outfit when your pants are too tight

I’ll tell you a little secret .. these white jeans are a little tight ~ yikes!  That’s ok because I’ve got it covered – literately – with this print top.  A voluminous top allows a little muffin top to over-flow and the busy print moves the eyes around so there’s no focus on any one area.  I’ve also added a long, light knit, flowing cardigan.  My goal is to create fluid movement with my clothing so that my problem areas are temporarily camouflaged.

It’s definitely not my favorite way to dress, but sometimes a gal has to work with what she’s got.

Levis Curvy Jeans | Top & Cardigan (Target)

Levis Curvy ID  Jeans (similar: Ann Taylor Curvy Boot Cut) | Top & Cardigan Mossimo (purchased at Target last year) | Karmen Pumps (Payless)

So what am I going to do about these snug pants?  Well, I’ve gone back to tracking my meals on My Fitness Pal.  I find this a chore, but it keeps me honest about how much food I’m consuming per day.  I’m also completing a 7-Day Beginner Trainer on Bodybuilding.com.  I did a 15 minute interval training routine this morning and it was quite fun.  I probably won’t be able to walk tomorrow with all the walking lunges that I did, but that’s ok, I’ve got to start somewhere.

We are also in the middle of June gloom. I swear I haven’t seen the sun in 2 weeks.  Here’s hoping your weekend was sunny and bright!

Cheers,
Monica

23 thoughts on “Creating a fashionable outfit when your pants are too tight

1. Grace

Aw I have heard that June gloom is the worst! We kind of have our June gloom in the winter with January February so I know how it feels to not see the sun in days. Hopefully it will pass quickly, though! Great tip for covering up tight pants – you look great!
    Grace recently posted…City Chic | Calvin KleinMy Profile

1. Monica P. Post author

Yes, June gloom is a drag, especially where my house is. It’ll clear downtown, but not at my house :-(

Was going to head to the desert – where there’s plenty of sun – but there is a heat warning (114 to 115 degrees!). I’d be fine, but I think it’s a bit much for the dog. Will see how the temp is this weekend.

M.

2. LoriM

Add me to the MFP fans – although I haven’t lost much on it, yet (same 3 pounds – up and down).

And I’m very frustrated with finding pants with some “wiggle room”. I bought some new ones when I lost 20 pounds couple years ago (on Weight Watchers) and now that I’ve gained about 8 pounds back – they’re all too tight. Some have some stretch and that helps but the low rise ones are still really uncomfortable. Need to find a good “high rise/skinny or ankle” pant. ANy ideas?

1. Monica P. Post author

Probably Not Your Daughters Jeans are your best bet as they have a high waist (just below the belly button) and the material has a nice stretch to them. NYDJ can be expensive, but I’ve found the brand at discount stores such as TJ Maxx.

I am now 8 lbs over weight which is why I’m squeezing into my pants (sigh) .. I just like to eat.

M.

3. Lisa @ Midwest Glam

Pretty outfit as always! It certainly doesn’t seem like you need to cover anything up. But I can definitely relate these days. I need to get my butt moving or something. The heat has been draining me and I don’t want to leave my house.

Hope you had a great weekend! :)
    Lisa @ Midwest Glam recently posted…June 2015 BirchboxMy Profile

4. Allison

Great tip! You can’t see it at all. I love the print and the color of your top. Went biking yesterday and I’ve been jogging and gardening like mad but I don’t feel any slimmer, boo hoo. We finally had some good weather but it’s gloomy, rainy and in the 50s today, brrrrr. No jogging outside for me today
    Allison recently posted…My New Skincare Regimen with Paula’s ChoiceMy Profile

1. Monica P. Post author

Ah, sounds like you’ve been out an about getting some exercise. I was exercising on vacation, but sort of shelved the meal tracking and decided to eat whatever. It was fun, no regrets (well, except now that I can’t get into my pants!!).

M.

5. Denise

Let’s swap, because I am fed up of seeing the sun everyday, I am not joking, I have very sensitive skin and I hate wearing sun screen, but I need (well, we all do). But sunny days cause me horror when I have to go out :( I know it sounds crazy, but I am sharing it with you :) I can’t believe that your pants are a bit tight, you did it so perfectly with the top over them! You look amazing, this is one of my favorite outfits till now! The top is amazing with the print, cardigan too and well matched with the lovely shoes! Good to go to a healthier program – also, just between us :) I lost 4 kg (OK, nearly 8 lbs.) and although it sounds not so much, enough to “revisit” some jeans I couldn’t wear for more than a year! Well done, dear Monica, I feel with you! (let’s send good vibes to each other, because I need to lose many more kilos!)
    DenisesPlanet.com
    Denise recently posted…Changing of nameMy Profile

1. Monica P. Post author

Ooo good for you 8 lbs seems to be the magic number for getting into pants ~ you see I’m 8 lbs over weight and so .. yikes, pants are a ‘lil tight.

I am heading to the desert this week in search of some sun. I can only do over-cast, cloudy, dreary coastal weather for so long before I’m a bit depressed 😛

M.

6. Mrs C

Looks like we are in the same boat, Monica. I ditched quite a few pieces of my clothing as they didn’t fit anymore. Have to up my cardio. I too am a fan of Fitness Pal, been using it for many years now. I’m sure we’ll get back where we were.. just have to work double hard *sigh*
    Mrs C recently posted…Style :: Summer PaletteMy Profile

1. Monica P. Post author

Oh, yeah .. no problem on slimming down. I over indulged on vacation and thought since I was walking and hiking .. it would balance out. But, nooo .. my pants are tight! Ugh.

M.

1. Monica P. Post author

I’ll track for MFP for a while, think “I’ve got this down”, stop tracking and the weight creeps on. It’s a pain in the butt to log food, but it really works and keeps me from eating over my allotted calories.

M.