Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener and OPI Metro Chic Nail Polish

Over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday we had our San Diego house tented for termites.  It was a major ordeal to double bag all our food with the special bags provided to us by the termite company and pack up my cosmetics.  We only needed to bag what we would consume (food, spices, medications), but hmm, wasn’t sure I wanted products that I apply to my skin hanging out in poison gas so I packed and took my cosmetics with me.  When we came home, it was yet another ordeal to unpack everything and put items away.

While the cabinets were clear, I thought it would be a good idea to wipe everything down and remove any crumbs, sesame seeds, drippings, goo etc from all the cabinets.  Although it was worth it and my kitchen is spotless, this exercise took a toll on my nails as I didn’t think to protect my hands with gloves and all my nails are now chipped, cracked, and peeling.

So to help my nails recover quickly I purchased Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener.  It claims to stop nails from breaking.  This is my first time using this product so not sure if this product will be helpful, but thought I’d give it a try.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener
Applies similar to a base coat

Since my nails still looked less than lovely, I applied OPI’s Metro Chic nail polish.  Metro Chic was one of those new and exciting colors that came out about 2 – 3 years ago.  Every YouTube beauty guru lost their minds over this color.  Everyone did a review on it, it was in everyone’s monthly favorites, everyone loved it.  It is a unique color, sort of a gray / purple, goes with everything color.  I’d say it was one of those rare products that was worth the hype and the purchase.

OPI Metro Chic nail polish
OPI Metro Chic Nail Polish

What is your favorite ‘chic’ goes with everything nail polish color?

Cheers,
Monica

24 thoughts on “Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener and OPI Metro Chic Nail Polish

1. Alice Warren

I am so clueless when it comes to nail polish. I have the talent of a 5 year old when it comes to painting my nails and hence they are never colored. I really like this color and maybe need to stop by Ulta to pick it up.

Termite tenting sounds like a big project just to pack all the food and make up but much needed. Sounds like a great reason to purge items.

Alice

1. Monica P

The termite tenting was a pain, but I did get rid of expired food items (I had 3 boxes of chicken stock from 2010!). I’m glad it’s over and we’re good for another 10 – 12 yrs.

Monica

2. Goddesslily Seymour

Just wondering how the SH nail hardener worked out for you, did your polish chip, did you get extended wear? I always experience my polish sliding off my tips after 2 days so I decided to use a gel top coat and cure it with my UV light, so far so good.

1. Monica P

The tips of my nails are showing wear and I have on the SH nail strengthener, two coats of the Metro Chic and one coat of the SH Dries Instantly top coat.

I’m hoping that the SH nail hardener will prevent breakage and splitting. I really just need to wear gloves when cleaning :-P

Monica.

3. GJ S

Red! It seems to go with everything – brighter color for the summer and a more muted tone for the winter :) My nails tend to chip less easily when they have polish on them…it’s annoying just how easily/often they break when they are not painted.

FashionEdible Blog

1. Monica P

My nails are usually pretty good (non breaking), but the extra cleaning and putting away all the packed items just made my nails a mess.

Red is an amazing classic color. I don’t think I have many true reds. I seem to go for the maroon or berry colors :-)

Monica.

4. Katie Chamel

That OPI nail polish looks amazing! I love that color, and you’re so right, it would go with anything! I love Sally Hansen top coats! My mom always cracks me up about going to the salon and getting a manicure because she has “Sally Hansen at home!”

5. .......

I need to try that salley hansen diamond strength stuff too. depending which nail polish I use my nails can be quite prone to breakage. that color looks amazing I don’t own anything grayish purple and had never heard of this one. will be getting one of these. putting it on my wishlist. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

6. Little-Hat

Very pretty nail color! I just bought the perfect taupe! Taupe seems all casually elegant to me, you know? I think mine’s made by Sinful Colors, which means it was, like, two bucks at the grocery store! haha best impulse buy I’ve made for awhile. :)

xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

1. Monica P

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment .. I appreciate your input :-)

I looked up Nailtique No. 2 and it seems like a pretty good nail strengthener – way cheaper than the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener, which I think I paid $12 for.

Monica.

1. Monica P

Hi Donna,

I get about two days from nail polish and then the tips start wearing. I don’t often do my nails, but you know .. sometimes it’s a nice accessory to an outfit :-)

Monica